Wednesday 20 October 2010

Unconditional?

Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Saviour. 

Though the pain of grief burns my heart
and loneliness circles round,
though the job has gone
and the bills pile up,
though the chance to say sorry has past
and the guilt weighs me down,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Saviour.

Though my plans fell through
and I don't know where to turn,
though he walked out and left me
and mouths still need fed,
though I am sick
and I won't get better,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Saviour.

Though she won't talk to me
and I'm scared she'll break,
Though I see no future
and no worth in myself,
I know that He protects, He cares
He holds, He Loves,
And so I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Saviour.














No comments:

Post a Comment