Monday 14 February 2011

Love is all around us

Today is Valentine's Day, remember?

I remember the first Valentine's card I sent; I had made it myself.  I composed a poem for it and it went a little something like this -

Knickers are red,
Knickers are blue.
Knickers are smelly
and so are you.

It was the finest valentine's card my mother ever received.

Things have improved (slightly) from then.   I do enjoy being romantic although I have a habit of leaving the organising to the last minute.  Sometimes though the garage does do lovely flowers!  I love to tell my wife that she is beautiful (because she is) and that I love her (because I do) I love to make her feel special (because she is) I and I love reminding her that I still mean, 'Till death do us part' (because I do).

You probably know that I am now going to talk about God and His love for us.  I don't care if it is repetitive because there is no greater thing to talk about than the love of God.  He loves to remind us of his love through His word and through the countless blessing He pours out on us.  The great thing about His love is that it does not require me to look good, to remember birthdays, to be romantic, to by gifts or to even be a nice person.  He loved me when I still hated Him.  And He showed His love for me before I even knew Him

Jesus Christ, Son of God, Author of Love went all out for me, gave His all for my good, died for my life.  That is love.

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
1 John 4:10

1 comment:

  1. to the tune of The Flintstones:

    God's love is the best love
    That the world has ever, ever known
    Deeper than the deep sea
    It's a love that only God has shown
    Higher than the rockets out in space
    Wider than the total human race
    God's love is the best love
    That the world has ever, ever
    Can ever, ever
    Will ever, ever know

    ReplyDelete