Thursday 24 March 2011

A question of faith

High school pupils aren't scary.

I have had the immense privilege of helping out at the 'scripture union' in our local secondary school.  I love it.  It gives me the chance to talk about the nitty-gritty of a life of faith, it challenges me to know my stuff and to communicate it in a way that isn't just a repetition of phrases that churchy people alone understand.

We've been doing a wee series recently of trying to answer questions they have about God or the Christian faith.  The questions are thoughtful, intelligent, challenging and important.  These kids should not be dismissed lightly.

It's got me thinking that it's something we could maybe do here, in the blogosphere, as well.  I know you lot are pretty shy when it comes to asking questions but I'm sure there are a few of you out there with things on your mind.  Now I am not the source of all knowledge and may not answer the way you would like but what have you got to lose? Ask the question you have about life, death, the end of the world, dinosaurs, terrorists, Jesus, Jehovah witnesses... whatever you like.  I'll answer those with broad appeal here in a post and of course you have the right to reply.

Either comment on this post or send me an email to myquestionis@rathcoolepci.co.uk. The authors of any questions will be held in the strictest confidence of course.

It is of course God himself who instructs us.  He sends the Holy Spirit to guide and impart understanding.  It is on God whom I will rely on to keep me honest and on the straight path.  I trust and pray that He will guide us all through the scriptures so we would all come to a fuller understanding of God and His love for us.

I look forward to hearing from you!

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
Psalm 32:8

---

No comments:

Post a Comment