Thursday 13 January 2011

All I need is the air that I breathe

Freediving is the practice of diving for long periods of time without the use of breathing apparatus. It is dangerous but it is beautiful.

This is a clip shot for the BBC of a freediver in Malaysia, he does this for a living.  I find it hard to watch this clip without wanting to gasp for air myself, it is a truly amazing skill.


For me too it just makes me marvel at the robust and versatile design of the human body.  How amazing it is that human can interact with nature as part of everyday life.  How lack of possessions doesn't neccessarily mean a poor standard of living and how beautiful the earth is. 

Of course all this is just my perception.  Maybe life for this guy and his people is too hard, maybe he would love to drive a car and watch Sky TV and buy his fish from the supermarket. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment