Friday 10 December 2010

Sicky bad and boke-ing

My poor wife is sick.

She felt unwell yesterday evening and then around half 9 it all came out.  Being sick is a realy horrible thing as you all know, your body trying to rid itself of whatever poison it has picked up and it does it pretty violently.

It's amazing the inbuilt protection systems that our body has. Pain, fear, our conscience... Sometimes we don't like to be protected in that way because of the pain or the emotion or the guilt, sometimes we even wish that we could be 'cured' from the effects of the very things that protect us but where would that leave us?

Our bodies and minds are very well designed.  They were undoubtedly created by someone who knew what He was doing; they are not an accident and they are not the result of ramdom chance.

I hate to see my wife sick but I'm glad she is in the care of a God who can design her body in such a way that it can protect itself against germs and bugs - even my computer can't do that!

 Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Psalm 103:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment