Tuesday 21 September 2010

What on earth am I here for?

"I can't do this anymore, it just isn't me. I'm built for something else, some other purpose, something of use." That's the conclusion I came to earlier this year.  I was working as an undertaker in Belfast and it just wasn't me.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good job, people need someone to do what they do but it wasn't what I was made for.  So I had a choice, keep at it and fit life in at the evenings and weekends or do the thing I was supposed to do.  I asked my manufacturer, my maker, and He made it clear - do what you were built for.

I want to tell people about God, how great He is, how He give's me purpose.  I want to reassure folks that life is hard at times but we are safe in God's hands.  I want to talk about Him all the time.  So this blog is a part of it, a chance for me to talk about God and Jesus and life and love and anything else I can think of.  I'd love it if you joined in the conversation; email me a question about God, comment on blog posts, agree with me, disagree with me or simply just follow along. 

Life is too long to not talk about the big questions, and far too short to put off doing what we were made for.

No comments:

Post a Comment