Tuesday 5 April 2011

Inked

I'm getting a tattoo.

(I'm not getting a tattoo, but let's just pretend.) A Tattoo is for life, unless you have a lotta lotta money to have it removed which I don't, so my (imaginary) tattoo will be permanent.

It has to be something that will be relevant my whole life long.  I have no heirs so I won't getting etching the names 'Princess-tiddlywink' or 'Matthew' just incase they never arrive.

I could have 'Rocky' emblazened up my side in Chinese heiroglyph or 'Crusaders till I die' in Hebrew from my ankle to my knee but that would be a little wierd.

Another option would be a full face tattoo of a clown so I always looked ironically sad even when making others laugh or have eyeballs tattooed on my eyelids so I always look awake.  So many good options.

The (very slight) danger is that I may regret some of these things in years to come. I may change my mind about having a permanent red nose or have doubts about the name 'Matthew'.  So is there anything that would be for me as permanent or more permanent than a tattoo?  Just one.

I am God's.  That is not going to change.  Not because I have incredible self-will (because I don't) and not because it is so great being God's child (although it most certainly is) but because God choose me, He saved me, He is refining me, and He will sustain me.  God is bound by His own word to never let go of the ones He has saved and I am one of those ones!

If I trust in myself I am beat.  But if I trust in God I am forever safe.

So what will my new tattoo say?  In bold lettering, so evryone can see, it will read:

 This man belongs to God. 

-

You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.
John 10:28-30

---

No comments:

Post a Comment